TOT OPERATION (TRANSOBTURATOR TAPE) FOR URINARY INCONTINENCE
Urinary incontinence ocurring in cases of increased intraabdominal pressure such as coughing and laughing is called stress incontinence, and its treatment is surgery. TOT operation is the most recent operation used for stress incontinence. In this operation, a tape, 1 cm in width, is placed under the urethra, an organ that carries urine from the bladder to outside the body. This tape is meshed from the surgical threads and does not cause reaction in the body.
The superiorities of this operation:
- It takes a short time (20 minutes on average)
- The success rate is above 90%
- It can be performed under local anesthesia
- It is carried out through 1-2 cm incisions
- The patient is discharged on the same day
- The patient can return to work within 1-2 days after the surgery.