What are the symptoms of uterine cancer, uterine cancer, also known as endometrial cancer, is a common gynecological cancer like lung and breast cancer. It is a condition where women who have gone through the menopause phase are more likely to develop. A large proportion of uterine cancers, like 70%, appear to occur in health-impaired people aged between 45 and 75 years.
What are the symptoms of uterine cancer?
Despite the absence of a specific screening test, it is easy to diagnose with early symptoms. If the person has gone through the menopause and is still having bleeding at intervals, she should consult a gynecologist. What are the symptoms of uterine cancer, Every woman should definitely undergo a gynecological examination when they encounter this type of unexpected bleeding. The chance of healing for uterine cancer detected with early findings will be high.
What are the risk factors for uterine cancer?
- Over 60 years of age
- Being overweight
- Not giving birth before
- History of infertility
- Menstruation at a very early age and going through the menopause at a very advanced age
- The presence of endometrial cancer (uterine cancer) in close relatives
- Having polycystic ovary syndrome
- The presence of ovarian cancer or breast cancer history
- Long-term use of a type of hormonal drug used in the treatment of breast cancer
- Diabetes mellitus
- Having a poor dietary habit (too much consumption of foods containing animal fat)
- Constant menstrual irregularity
- Alcohol consumption
I tried to give information about uterine cancer and its risk factors in the video below.
What are the Symptoms of Uterine Cancer
Factors that may reduce the risk of uterine cancer:
- Long-term use of birth control pills reduces the risk factor. From the moment this type of drugs are discontinued, this protection continues for ten years.
- It is important for those with the complaint of constant menstrual irregularity to have more frequent gynecological examinations in terms of the detection of cancer at an early stage. It is very important not to allow its formation or to detect it early.
- The risk factor reduces for those who maintain their weight. Eating healthier and the ability to cope with diseases such as diabetes and hypertension naturally reduce the risk of uterine cancer.
- The risk factor will be lower for those who do not consume alcohol or smoke.
What are the symptoms of uterine cancer and actions to be taken?
- The major symptom is unexpected vaginal bleeding. The presence of an unexpected rate of discharge, postmenopausal bleeding, and intermediate bleeding in women who are still menstrual period are an important finding. Of course, there is no cancer risk for every patient with these findings, but importance should be attached to such complaints and the obstetrician should be consulted without delay. What are the symptoms of uterine cancer, the doctor will perform gynecological examination and if necessary, will take a tissue sample and send to the pathology What are the symptoms of uterine cancer, in this way, if there is tumor tissue, it will be able to be detected at an early stage and prevented to metastasize.
- If there is burning sensation during sexual intercourse and if urination is painful, it will be necessary to visit a doctor since it may be a symptom of uterine cancer. These complaints, which can sometimes be experienced in a simple urinary tract infection, may sometimes be an early symptom of a life-threatening cancer. It should not be neglected.
- Pain and a palpable mass in the pelvic area may also be a symptom of uterine cancer. If such an evaluation is made at home, it should be examined without losing time.
- It is possible to make an early diagnosis with a number of hormone tests (CA 125) to be studied in the laboratory. In order to detect such a finding, it is necessary to have regular gynecological examinations.
What Are the Symptoms of Uterine Cancer
The treatment of uterine cancer is carried out according to the stage of the disease. If the tumor has not exceeded half of the uterine muscles, and its grade and type are relatively good, a more limited surgery is performed. In this surgery, the removal of the uterus, ovaries and pelvic lymph nodes is sufficient.
What Are the Symptoms of Uterine Cancer
What are the symptoms of uterine cancer, these surgeries can be performed laparoscopically, and preferably with robotic surgery. This type of surgery does not cause the formation of any surgical scar in the patient, bleeding, pain, infection occur less commonly and the patient is discharged and returns to work earlier. Whereas in advanced stages, the lymph nodes around the aorta, omentum, and sometimes appendix are also removed in addition to the surgery above. Radiotherapy and chemotherapy are given to the operated patients depending on the disease stage.